In September 1958, Zhejiang Medical College distributed part of her
employees and equipments from Hangzhou to Wenzhou, to establish "2nd
Zhejiang Medical College". There came into being Zhejiang Second
Medical College Library, the predecessor of the library now. At the
end of at the same year, the school changed her name into "Wenzhou
Medical College", hence the name of Wenzhou Medical College Library.
Due to the poor conditions at that time, the so-called library was
no more than a temporary house, 3 library workers and a very limited
number of book. Circulation of books was the only service available.
In the late 70’s,
with the social and economic development of the college and
education in general, great progress was made: in 1979, the library
building was completed, which ended the situation of “having a
library without building”. The number of staff was increased to 18
and the library functions were also greatly improved.